Join Audio on Zoom is a feature that allows participants to join a meeting by telephone. This is a great option for people who are unable to participate in a meeting online, or for those who prefer to use the telephone. In this blog post, we will discuss what does join audio mean on zoom?
When you join a Zoom meeting, you have the option to join the audio portion of the meeting by telephone. To do this, simply click on the “Join Audio” button in the toolbar at the bottom of your screen.
If you are joining by telephone, you will be prompted to enter your name and phone number. You will then be connected to the meeting audio.
If you are joining by computer, you will be able to choose whether to use your computer’s microphone and speakers, or to call in using a telephone. We recommend using your computer’s microphone and speakers if possible, as this provides the best audio quality. However, if you are unable to use your computer’s microphone and speakers, calling in is a great option!
Once you have joined the audio portion of the meeting, you will be able to hear other participants and they will be able to hear you. You can use the mute/unmute button in the toolbar to mute or unmute your microphone. We recommend muting your microphone when you are not speaking, so that background noise is minimized.
7 Things You Need to Know About Joining an Audio Conference
- Make sure you have a good quality microphone and headset. The integrated microphone and speakers on your laptop are not going to be sufficient for an audio conference. You will want to use a dedicated headset with a noise-cancelling microphone. This will ensure that your voice is clear and audible to other participants.
- If you are joining by telephone, make sure you are in a quiet location with no background noise. Turn off any fans or air conditioners, close any doors, and mute any other devices that might cause interference.
- When you join the audio conference, you will be prompted to state your name. Be sure to do this clearly so that other participants can easily identify you.
- If you are using your computer to join the audio conference, be sure to use a headset or earbuds. This will minimize any background noise and ensure that your voice is clear.
- If you need to step away from the computer for any reason, be sure to mute your microphone. This will prevent any background noise from being audible to other participants.
- If you are joining by telephone, you can mute your line by pressing *6 on your phone keypad.
- Be aware of your surroundings and try not to make any sudden noises that could startle other participants. For example, avoid tapping your pen or shuffling papers.
By following these tips, you can ensure that you are a courteous and professional participant in any audio conference.